Denim ‘n Dirt Ranch Calendar 2017:
- January 29: OPEN BARN 1-4pm
- February 11: Equine Assisted Mindfulness Workshop
- March 10, 11, 12: EAP Professional Certified Training C1
- April 2: Equine Assisted Mindfulness Workshop
- May 12, 13, 14: EAP Professional Certified Training C1
- June 9, 10, 11: EAP Professional Certified Training C2; other dates TBD
- October 20, 21, 22: EAP Professional Training C1
- November 4: 9am-5pm: All Day Equine Assisted Mindfulness Workshop Cost: $180.00
- December 8, 9, 10: EAP Professional Certified Training C2
Equine Assisted MINDFULNESS Workshops
This is a fun, intriguing and relaxing workshop. You will learn more mindfulness skills through lecture and experiential activities with the equines. Self-compassion, gratitude and common humanity will be the focus of the workshop. Our goal is to introduce you to eco-psychology/Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Mindfulness.
- Participants will experience a guided sitting meditation.
- Participants will be able define self-compassion and gratitude
- Participants will be able to identify and work with obstacles to mindful living
- Participants will be able to name strategies and tools for living a mindful life
- Participants will be able to list three components of Mindfulness
- Public Welcome. Health Professionals can receive 4 CEs.
Mindfulness Afternoon workshops cost: $120.00. Please mail checks to:
Dr. B. Jane Wick @ 200 East Del Mar Blvd. Ste. 122, Pasadena, CA 91105
Dates for Mindfulness Workshops at DENIM ‘N DIRT RANCH:
FEBRUARY 11: Saturday afternoon: 1-5pm
APRIL 2: Sunday afternoon: 1-5pm
NOVEMBER 4: ALL DAY WORKSHOP 9-5pm. Lunch included. 6 CEs for professionals.
WORKSHOPS ARE OPEN TO PUBLIC AND PROFESSIONALS .
Professional Certified EAP Training Program: Curriculum I
Denim ’n Dirt Ranch’s EAP Training for Mental Health Clinicians and Equine Enthusiasts/Professionals: Curriculum 1
- March 10, 11, 12*
- May 12, 13, 14*
- October 20, 21, 22*
Location: Canyon Country, Santa Clarita, CA 91390
Schedule: 9am- 5:00 pm daily (lunches are included). First day 8:30 am for registration *Each 3 day listing is for Curriculum 1 only. Once completed, the applicant can sign-up for C2 which will be held at a later date.
Attending the entire time is required in order to earn training certificate. CEs available for Mental Health Clinicians. 6 CEs per day.
Liability: In order to participate, each participant will be required to download, read and sign (and bring to training) a Release of Liability form.
Attendance: Attending the training does not guarantee certification (see certification requirements). Participants must be 18 years of age or older. No participant pets are allowed on the premises of the facility.
Refund Policy: No refunds but credit for another class will be available.
Certification: Denim ’n Dirt Ranch Certification of EAP training requires completion of both Curriculum 1 and Curriculum 2 trainings as well as a completed, written professional development packet (handed out and to be completed in Curriculum 2) and professional resume.
Cost: $650.00; Students $550.00; Group rate: 3 or more: $625.00
Checks, debit cards or credit cards accepted.
Send payment to:
Dr. B. Jane Wick
200 East Del Mar Blvd. Ste. 122
Pasadena, CA 91105
For registration email email@example.com. Please include: Name, address, and phone number on your email. You will receive an email back confirming that you are on the list of attendees in addition to other important information.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Dietary Considerations: Please let us know if you have any specific dietary or other special needs for your time spent with us.
PROFESSIONAL EAP TRAINING: CURRICULUM 2 (See Training page for more information)
June 9, 10, 11
December: 8, 9, 10
OPEN BARN: January 29th, 2017 1-4pm
2 CEs available for mental health professionals. Non-professionals and Professionals all welcome. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for attendance confirmation and ranch address.
Free to the public.
1:15: Introduction to EQUINE ASSISTED PSYCHOTHERAPY and Personal Emotional Growth
1:45: Donkey and Horse Tour
2:15: EAP Demonstration
3:15: Questions, Networking, Socializing, Snacking
Denim ‘n Dirt Ranch EAP Professional Training Program *(Please see our Training page for further details)
Our training program is geared toward clinicians who want to integrate their academic learning, clinical experience and skills with EAP. There is no unlearning in our training. We wish only to augment and enhance your clinical skills with EAP. We do not adhere to a solution-oriented therapy approach. We practice an experiential approach with eclectic orientations, clinical knowledge and skills. My early learning was grounded in analytic, self psychology and family systems and attachment theories.
We recognize that human problems are complex so we incorporate and integrate all of our professional clinical skills and wisdom with our EAP approach. Our program is geared toward seasoned and beginning clinicians who want to integrate their talk therapy skills with the EAP modality which is founded on the experiential model and Animal Assisted Therapy. Self psychology, interpersonal psychology, attachment theory, object relations, systems theories, social cognitive theories, parenting theories and CBT. Mindfulness informs our EAP work.
Completing the 3-day Denim ’n Dirt Curriculum 1 and a second 3 day Curriculum 2 training along with a written and completed professional packet is necessary for Denim ‘n Dirt Ranch Certification. Completing Curriculum 1 is required before advancing to Curriculum 2 training. A written professional packet is also required for completion of training. A DnD training certificate will be granted to each individual who completes the program.
Standards of each team member in a Denim ‘n Dirt Ranch Model practice:
The Denim ’n Dirt Model is based on a co-therapy team that includes a mental health clinician, an equine clinician and at least one or more equines in all sessions. The following descriptions include the required criteria for the mental health clinician and the equine clinician. Interns and students can be included as part of the therapy team as long as there is a licensed mental health clinician present and supervising the interns and students.
Mental Health Professional
- Mental Health Professionals need to have at least a masters level degree in a mental health field, such as social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy, or other health professions that include mental health as part of their practice.
- Professional must stay within his/her scope of practice and follow city, county, state or country, laws and regulations regarding mental health practice.
- Professional needs to be under a governing board or association that can hold him/her accountable (or under professional supervision by a licensed supervisor who operates under a governing board or association).
- Professional must be registered or licensed by their state board unless they are a student.
Equine Clinician Professional:
- Equine Professional must have 4,000 hours (equals to approx. 2 years full-time work) experience of equine handling. Professional must demonstrate confidence and comfort in handling equines. Equine Professional must have significant experience in equine groundwork, the ability to read and understand equine non-verbal communication and general knowledge of horse psychology and equine care. Equine Clinician must have experience handling easy and difficult horses. No ability to ride is required.
- Professional must have completed at least 60 hours of continuing equine education including equine groundwork, equine care and horse psychology. Equine professional will also be required to complete a professional package at the end of C2.
- 40 hours of the continuing education listed in #2 must have been completed in the last 4 years.
Business Growth, Development And Leadership Training Opportunities
At Denim ‘n Dirt Ranch, we also work with businesses to facilitate team development, business growth and leadership skills.
If your business goal is to improve your team functioning and/or to gain more leadership skills, we are here to help you accomplish those goals. Our arena becomes your EXPERIENTIAL WORK PLACE. Research shows over and over again that Experiential Learning is the most effective learning.
Please contact Dr. Wick to arrange a consultation and we will look forward to MEETING YOU and discussing your NEEDS and GOALS for this specialized time.